The presence of the Porto Santo Stefano Philharmonic has been known since 1842 , at the time of Grand Duke Leopold II of Lorraine. In 1884 it is written that the local philharmonic was called Concerto and was directed by Carlo Sturmann, a music teacher. After a long period of interruption, in 1934 a new band complex was founded called Giacomo Puccini, composed of 70 elements, which interrupted its activity with the outbreak of the Second World War. In 1959 it was founded by the master Pietro Orsini , the characteristic band La Refola, a very particular and distinguishable collective, also known nationally and for its participation in television programs. With the dissolution of this, in 1993 the Giuseppe Ivo Baffigi Municipal Philharmonic was established, which continues the musical activity, maintaining the tradition that has lasted for over a century and a half.