Churches and Convents of the Argentario
Convento di Monte Argentario

Churches and Convents of the Argentario

Church of Sant’Erasmo, located in the village of Porto Ercole, was the church where the Spanish rulers were buried.
Church of San Rocco, located along the road at the entrance of the town of Porto Ercole, at the foot of the hill on which stands Forte Filippo.
Church of San Paolo della Croce, modern twentieth century church located in the most recent part of the town of Porto Ercole.
Church of the Guard Corps, today deconsecrated. It is located at the Porta Senese of Porto Ercole
Church of Santa Croce, an ancient hospital with a chapel, located upstream of the Church of Sant’Erasmo, in Porto Ercole.
Church of San Sebastiano, a religious building today desecrated located near the district of le Grotte, in Porto Ercole.
Church of Santo Stefano, built by the Spaniards in Porto Santo Stefano during the seventeenth century, rebuilt after World War II after the old church was blown up by German troops on 7 June 1944. The new church was designed by architects Mario Paniconi, Giulio Pediconi, Paolo Rossi de Paoli and consecrated on 25 December 1950.
Church of the Immaculate Conception, parish church of futuristic appearance of the Valle district, in Porto Santo Stefano, was built between 1973 and 1979 on a project by Carlo Boccianti, although the first stone had already been blessed and placed on 9 April 1961 from the bishop Paolo Galeazzi. The inauguration took place on December 7, 1979, and in 2004 it was restored.
Church of the Holy Trinity, located in Pozzarello, it is a modern parish building built between 1999 and 2002 on a project by Carlo Boccianti. The church was consecrated on June 22, 2002.
Convent of the Presentation at the Temple, in a dominant and isolated position on the northern side of Mount Argentario, along the road that leads to the summit of Mount Telegrafo, it was built in the eighteenth century and was the seat of the Passionists. The Madonna dell’Argentario is kept here.
Chapel of the Passionists, eighteenth-century chapel located along the road between the convent and the novitiate of St. Joseph.
Church and novitiate of St. Joseph, isolated on Mount Argentario just beyond the Passionist convent, includes the monastery and the church also built during the eighteenth century. The Our Lady of Sorrows is kept in the church.
Chapel of the Madonna di Loreto, nineteenth-century chapel located near the tower of Peschiera di Nassa.